Copy of A diverse and integrated background across traditional and new media channels
Senior Account Executive, Technology & Innovation, Ogilvy Public Relations, Singapore (Joined Oct 2014)
Ogilvy Public Relations is a global, multi-disciplinary communications leader operating in more than 80 offices across six continents.
Working with Ogilvy Technology and Innovations PR allowed me to combine my skill in content creation with my immense interest in the rapidly evolving technology landscape. My roster included the regional account for Twitter, Canon and UPS.
Responsibilities included the development of communications programs and media liaison through traditional and digital channels, in addition to event management and regional coordination amongst 11 markets in Asia.
Regional Business Development Manager, Global Power Source, Singapore (Jan 2014 - Sep 2014)
GPS provides battery farms and high-end power monitoring equipment for industrial use, providing reliable, real-time tracking, through web and mobile apps.
Under this brand, I worked across three unique profiles - internal operations, customer relationship management and as lead creative. This helped me gain experience managing multiple projects in a matrixed environment.
- Project manager and creative lead for the corporate re branding for Enertect, a power monitoring software for industrial use.
- Engaged a team of offshore contractors and managed the activity budget
- Created project plans and liaised between contractors and the company for daily operations
- Defined buyer personas, the brand narrative and overall brand aesthetic
- Managed relationships with customers in the US and South East Asia; including set up of relevant infrastructure based on customer expectations.
- Built relationships with key decision makers.
Digital Media Editor, The Asian Banker, Singapore (Jul 2012 - Jan 2014)
The Asian Banker is the leading intelligence provider for the financial services industry in the form of publications, online materials, propriety research, conventions and other industry gatherings. Clients include international and regional banks such as HSBC, DBS and Standard Chartered; and software providers such as SAP, Cisco and Oracle.
My profile encompassed development of the organisation's new media initiatives and integration of its four core businesses.
- Created marketing collateral, print advertisements, email material, sales presentations and microsites. This incorporated workflow and process management across a team of freelancers and in-house creatives.
- Developed product positioning, messaging and branding necessary to capture target markets' attention.
- Coordinated product development and promoted new business initiatives.
- Coordinating logistics and provided support for regional events.
- Developed digital assets and a media-rich content strategy. This included mobile app development and marketing.
- Online community management of social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and LinkedIn).
- Managed content partnerships and media relations.
- Kept up with emerging technologies and digital marketing trends.
Executive, Sales, The Asian Banker, Singapore (Jul 2012 - Jan 2014)
Sales for core research product subscriptions, events, and advertisements for print and digital properties. Included sourcing potential clients and creating sales proposals. Total sales generated were over $150,000, and on target.
- Acquired skills to make convincing oral sales presentations, phone calls and negotiations.
- Demonstrated the ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Drove revenue through making proactive sales calls (phone and email) within the banking industry to senior level executives and meeting the sales targets
- Actively involved in expanding customer base through a variety of sales techniques.
- Maintained strong relations with C-level decision makers to generate repeat business and grow accounts within my portfolio
Copywriting Intern, JWT, India (Nov 2010 – Jan 2011)
J. Walter Thompson, the world's best-known marketing communications brand, has been pioneering inventive ideas for the past 150 years.
As part of the creative fraternity at JWT, I embarked on a career in creative communications under the biggest titles in the industry. Responsibilities included:
- Conceptualised and scripted campaign briefs for accounts such as Nokia, Sony and PepsiCo
- Created scripts for broadcast advertising
University of Delhi (2008-2013)
B.A. (English, Economics)
Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts, Singapore (2008-2011)
Diploma in Design and Media: Specializing in Advertising
Delhi Public School, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi, India (2007-2008)
Central Board of Secondary Education (A level equivalent)
Delhi Public School. Vasant Kunj, New Delhi, India (2005-2006)
Central Board of Secondary Education (O level equivalent)
- Strategic Writing
- New Media Design
- Ad and PR Campaign Management
- Visual and Aural Literacy
- Strategic Communications
- Communication Graphic Development
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Premier Pro
- Microsoft Office
- Un petit peu de français